Pompeo holds the line: Caravans 'will not be permitted' to enter US

Source: Washington Examiner | November 22, 2018 | Pete Kasperowicz

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Thursday that the migrant caravans headed toward the U.S. won’t be allowed to enter, a prediction he made after talking to Mexico’s foreign secretary.

“I have been in close contact with Mexican Foreign Secretary Videgaray and it has been one week since Secretary Nielsen and I had a constructive meeting with Mexican Foreign Secretary-designate Marcelo Ebrard to discuss the migrant caravans,” Pompeo said in a statement issued on Thanksgiving.

“We have affirmed our shared commitment to addressing the current challenge,” he said. “The caravans will not be permitted to enter the United States. There are real dangers to the safety and human rights of migrants from those who would prey on them.”

Pompeo wasn’t specific, but his statement indicates Mexico is willing to help the U.S. make sure members of the caravan are kept in Mexico, and won’t be allowed to enter the U.S. and claim asylum.

…….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #26493

EVERYDAY #26497

I don’t trust this is true.

ConservativeGranny #26503

How do they plan on stopping them? Our soldiers will not have weapons we’ve been told. Are we counting on the Mexicans?

EVERYDAY #26504

Granny, supposedly the military has been authorized to use force against the invaders, if necessary, so I assume that means they will be armed. But like everything else in this reality tv presidency, it’s hard to know what is true and what isn’t. Ii basically assume that nothing from this administration is true until someone proves to me that it is.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.