Rand Paul dropping out of White House race

Source: Politico | 02/03/16 | Alex Isenstadt

The Kentucky senator now faces a race for reelection to the Senate.

Rand Paul on Wednesday dropped out of the race for president, and said he will now focus on his reelection to the U.S. Senate.

“It’s been an incredible honor to run a principled campaign for the White House. Today, I will end where I began, ready and willing to fight for the cause of Liberty,” Paul said in a statement.

“Across the country thousands upon thousands of young people flocked to our message of limited government, privacy, criminal justice reform and a reasonable foreign policy. Brushfires of Liberty were ignited, and those will carry on, as will I.”

Paul, a freshman Kentucky senator and the son of former Texas Rep. Ron Paul, has a large libertarian following but failed to gain traction in the presidential race.

…..

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #364

Consistent #365

Scarlett_Says #378

He’s not really in much trouble in Kentucky. The only major name dem running against him is openly gay.

Article about opponents:
    http://wkyufm.org/post/challengers-line-rand-pauls-senate-seat#stream/0

Name recognition is EVERYTHING in Kentucky politics. Rand will win the primary and the general election handily.

FReeper formerly known as Brothers4thID

ConservativeGranny #384

Where do you think his voters will go now? Trump, Cruz or Rubio?

ConstitutionalConservative #385

It is as it should be, Paul is not a bad guy I think him to be a good senator, but he would not be a good president, he is lacking in leadership skills as demonstrated by his inability to garner support of course his positions had something to do with it to.

Leadership is the key and Cruz is the only one with demonstrated leadership skills.

Rubio is not a leader he is in his current position because he beat out other Rino’s with a slick tongue bathed in deceit, so he has support of the GOPe and they see him as their last hope, as a result of that support he can stay in the race for awhile.

Trump is not a leader either he is a superstar a charismatic personality, an actor and entertainer with tons of money, he maybe a leader in business but management of an American constitutional government is not a business it is an ideology based on biblical principles whose core is freedom from total control of government with liberty and justice for all, it is overwhelmingly evident Trump does not understand that.

So with all that being said a consistent constitutional conservative who employs facts, common sense, reason, logic and leadership skills proven in fire and tested for strength like a sharp double edge sword will prevail, must prevail or all is lost.

Scarlett_Says #386

I think the libertarians that were going to come over to Cruz already have. A few will go to Trump because some libertarians just have this need to be perverse. The majority of his support though, will just stay home.

I do hope that Cruz can grab a few PCO’s and potential delegate candidates from KY, though. The KY Republican party is pretty tightly controlled by McConnell and you can be sure that McConnell will do everything he can to make sure Bush or Rubio wins in KY.

FReeper formerly known as Brothers4thID

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.