Republican William Weld launches primary challenge against Trump

Source: The Hill | April 15, 2019 | Jonathan Easley

Former Massachusetts Gov. William Weld (R) officially launched a long-shot primary challenge against President Trump on Monday.

Weld, the Libertarian Party’s vice presidential candidate in 2016, did not mention Trump in a statement announcing his candidacy.

“In these times of great political strife, when both major parties are entrenched in their ‘win at all cost’ battles, the voices of the American people are being ignored and our nation is suffering,” Weld said.

“It is time for patriotic men and women across our great nation to stand and plant a flag. It is time to return to the principles of Lincoln – equality, dignity, and opportunity for all. There is no greater cause on earth than to preserve what truly makes America great. I am ready to lead that fight,” he added. 

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #28899

EVERYDAY #28900

Well, that’s one challenger to Trump. But I have been told Weld’s political views are all over the map — maybe they change to appeal to a certain audience at any one time. But I will look at him further.

I wish Mr. Weld all the luck in the world. He will need it when Trump savages him as he did with Ted Cruz in 2016.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.