Rev. Robert Jeffress Defends Trump Amid Tape Chaos: We Also Supported ‘Known Womanizer’ Ronald Reagan

Source: Mediaite | July 22, 2018 | Joseph A. Wulfsohn

On Friday night, pro-Trump Rev. Robert Jeffress defended the president amid controversy of a tape that documented a conversation between Donald Trump and his personal lawyer Michael Cohen regarding a payoff to a former Playboy model during the election.

…….

“This is not an unusual thing. We’ve been here before,” Jeffress told Fox News’ Ed Henry. “Back in 1980, evangelicals chose to support a twice-married Hollywood actor who was a known womanizer in Hollywood. His name was Ronald Reagan. They chose to support him over Jimmy Carter, with a born-again Baptist Sunday school teacher who had been faithfully married to one woman. The reason we supported President Reagan was not because we supporting womanizing or divorce. We supported his policies. And that’s true here, Ed. We are choosing to support his policies. We’re not under any illusion that we were voting for an altar boy when we voted for President Trump. We knew about his past. And by the way, none of us has a perfect past. We voted for him because of his policies.”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #24679

Consistent #24680

Consistent #24681

Consistent #24684

ConservativeGranny #24685

All reason and morality has left some people because of this man (Trump). He has led even supposedly religious men and women away from God. I don’t know about anyone else but I can’t believe that Trump is working on God’s side.

They are putting their faith in a man instead of God. They can spin it anyway they’d like but there is no way I believe that God is using this man for anything good. The proof is in the pudding so they say and what I see is a man leading people away from God and his teachings. He flatters and respects tyrants and smears good people. I believe that if God is using any mortal right now it may be Mueller to take this man down. Pray that God removes the blinders from people’s eyes.

IMO this is a fight between good and evil and lately it feels like evil is winning.

EVERYDAY #24693

Granny, these days about the only one I trust is God. Can’t rely on mankind.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.