Robert Mueller: Michael Flynn is ready to be sentenced

Source: Washington Examiner | September 17, 2018 | Kelly Cohen

Former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn is ready to be sentenced, according to a new court filing by special counsel Robert Mueller.

Flynn, who served briefly as President Trump’s national security adviser from January to February 2017, pleaded guilty in December 2017 to lying to the FBI about contacts he had with Russian officials.

Flynn is “now ready to be scheduled for sentencing,” said federal prosecutors for Mueller’s team in a court filing Monday afternoon. Mueller’s team said they are available on Nov. 28 to sentence Flynn, or the week following.

Flynn became the closest person in the Trump administration charged by Mueller’s investigation in December. In a statement at the time, Flynn said he knew his actions were “wrong” — and admitted he was cooperating with Mueller.

“My guilty plea and agreement to cooperate with the Special Counsel’s Office reflect a decision I made in the best interests of my family and of our country. I accept full responsibility for my actions,” he said.

As part of his plea, Flynn pleaded guilty to a a single felony count of “willfully and knowingly” making “false, fictitious and fraudulent statements” to the FBI.

……

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.