Roger Stone gets full gag order after Instagram post

Source: Politico | February 21, 2019 | Darren Samuelsohn, Josh Gerstein and Matthew Choi

Stone was trying to walk back an Instagram post appeared to include a gun’s crosshairs above the head of the federal judge overseeing his case.

A federal judge hit Roger Stone with a full gag order on Thursday, several days after the longtime Donald Trump associate posted a photo on Instagram that appeared to threaten the federal judge overseeing his case.

Before U.S. District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson issued her decision, Stone took the stand to offer a formal apology. “I recognize that I let the court down,” Stone said. “I let you down. I let myself down. I let my family down. I let my attorneys down. I can only say I’m sorry. It was a momentary lapse in judgment. Perhaps I talk too much.”

In the Washington, D.C., courthouse where he’s on track to stand trial later this year, Stone made his second attempt to walk back a Monday post on Instagram that featured a picture with what appeared to be a gun’s crosshairs above her head.

Stone was already under a partial gag order that allowed the defendant to continue discussing his case so long as he wasn’t in the vicinity of the D.C. courthouse.

But since that decision last week, Stone has remained active on Instagram, mainly promoting his legal defense fund but also criticizing media reporting about his case. His account took a more solemn turn just hours before his hearing Thursday with a quote from an Old Testament Bible passage.

On Thursday, Stone insisted that he didn’t realize the crosshairs were in the photo until a reporter contacted him.

………

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #28011

Consistent #28016

EVERYDAY #28020

Good!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.