Roger Stone reportedly tried to set up a meeting between Julian Assange and informal Trump campaign adviser

Source: Washington Examiner | September 24, 2018 | Naomi Lim

An email between Roger Stone and an associate shows the former Trump confidant suggested making contact with WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange during the 2016 presidential campaign, according to a report.

Stone emailed Jerome Corsi, a right-wing author and self-described conspiracy theorist, on July 31, 2016, proposing Ted Malloch, an academic turned informal Trump campaign adviser, meet Assange, ABC News reported late Sunday.

“Malloch should see Assange,” Stone wrote to Corsi.

Stone and Malloch have denied working with Assange to coordinate the release of information damaging to Hillary Clinton’s presidential bid in order to boost President Trump’s race for the White House.

The email “proves I had no advance knowledge of contents of WikiLeaks’ DNC material, and like every politico and journalist in America, I wanted to know what the content matter was,” Stone told ABC News, referring to the Democratic National Committee.

“Corsi either never passed the suggestion on, or Malloch ignored it — but I think it is the latter,” Stone added. “The key is Malloch never contacts or sees Assange and never gets anything from him.”

“I was not involved in any of these matters,” Malloch told the news outlet. “I have never tried to reach Assange or visited that embassy.”

The July 31, 2016, email was sent days prior to WikiLeaks disseminating messages hacked from the Democratic National Committee, which were allegedly stolen by a group linked to Russian intelligence.

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.