Roger Stone says he's not guilty and won't testify against Trump

Source: The Hill | January 25, 2019 | Jacqueline Thomsen

Longtime Republican strategist and President Trump ally Roger Stone vowed to fight the charges filed against him by special counsel Robert Mueller, saying Friday that he will plead not guilty.

Speaking to media and yelling above chants of “lock him up” from protesters, Stone — who was arrested early Friday morning — said that he would go to trial over the seven charges, including five counts of making false statements.

“I am falsely accused of making false statements,” Stone said, after making his first appearance before a federal judge in Florida in the case, adding that he looks “forward to being vindicated.”

And Stone dug in on his previous vow not to testify against Trump, a promise that has earned him praise in the past from the president.

“There is no circumstance whatsoever under which I will bear false witness against the president,” Stone said, “nor will I make up lies to ease the pressure on myself.”

He made the appearance shortly after a federal magistrate judge ordered that Stone be released on a $250,000 signature bond. Stone also said that he will be arraigned in a Washington, D.C., court next week.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.