Sen. Cruz Issues Statement on ‘Brexit’ Results

Source: U.S. Senator for Texas Ted Cruz | June 24, 2016 |

WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) today issued a statement in response to initial reporting of ‘Brexit’ returns. Sen. Cruz urged the United States to respect the results of the United Kingdom’s referendum on its membership in the European Union: 

“The British people have spoken clearly: They choose to leave the European Union,” Sen. Cruz said. “The results of the ‘Brexit’ referendum should serve as a wake-up call for internationalist bureaucrats from Brussels to Washington, D.C. that some free nations still wish to preserve their national sovereignty. The British people have indicated that they will no longer outsource their future to the EU, and prefer to chart their own path forward. The United States can learn from the referendum and attend to the issues of security, immigration and economic autonomy that drove this historic vote. In addition, we should treat the ‘Brexit’ as an opportunity to forge a closer partnership with our historic friend and ally, including immediately starting negotiations for a targeted US-UK free trade agreement.”

###

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #7331

Consistent #7336

slhancock1948 #7338

So glad they did it. The EU is a noose around the necks of MANY of the block. Most cannot afford being in. Smaller & poorer countries pay huge fees to belong to the EU, which saps the energy out of everything!

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Victoria #7339

What was the FIRST response of Trump? Well, the British pound went down in value and Trump said that would bring more people to his golf course in Scotland where he now is.

He always thinks of “self” first and money he can make off of anyone – including the United States. Right now the strip running on the TV says, “Trump compares running a country to a golf course.” He said the two are alike and no one runs a golf course like he does and no one builds like he does.

I so absolutely detest the man.

EVERYDAY #7340

Reading Ted Cruz’s comments, I was struck by his firm belief in the nation’s sovereignty. I was thinking about all the Trumpsters spreading the story that Ted Cruz is a globalist. Doesn’t sound like a globalist to me.

And yes, Victoria, Trump is an a $$%$₩¥^. (Expletive Deleted)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.