Sen. Sasse tweets: I voted for Cruz

Source: Politico | April 15, 2016 | Nick Gass

Noted #NeverTrump enthusiast and Nebraska Sen. Ben Sasse tweeted Friday that he and his wife cast their ballots early for Ted Cruz.

“Happy to report that Melissa and I just early-voted for @tedcruz to #StopTrump,” Sasse wrote, adding, “Time for conservatives to unite here in winner-take-all Nebr[aska].”

Sasse, who has not formally endorsed his Texas Senate colleague for the Republican nomination, has been vocal for months about his opposition to Donald Trump’s candidacy.

….

Nebraska has 36 winner-take-all delegates at stake in its May 10 primary, which is closed to non-Republican voters.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #4521

mostlyhomebound #4522

They all add up. I like closed primaries and caucuses. I prefer when we elect our own candidates.

ConstitutionalConservative #4523

I can’t figure why he would not endorse Cruz rather than just saying I voted for Ted and endorsement carries much more weight. Makes me wonder if McConnell has threatened to punish any who endorse. Nah that wouldn’t happen would it?

Take what we can get I guess, but I am still somewhat dismayed this far into the Primary senators should be flocking to Cruz. I know they see Cruz as a threat to their do nothing go along to get along status. Well they are right to think that President Cruz will make them put up or shut up and to lead, follow or get out of the way. He will make the republicans and the democrats current comfort zone extremely uncomfortable.

plewis #4527

I can’t figure why he would not endorse Cruz rather than just saying I voted for Ted and endorsement carries much more weight. Makes me wonder if McConnell has threatened to punish any who endorse. Nah that wouldn’t happen would it?

Take what we can get I guess, but I am still somewhat dismayed this far into the Primary senators should be flocking to Cruz. I know they see Cruz as a threat to their do nothing go along to get along status. Well they are right to think that President Cruz will make them put up or shut up and to lead, follow or get out of the way. He will make the republicans and the democrats current comfort zone extremely uncomfortable.

It may be a strategic decision, similar to the Walker one.
    At least that’s what I’m hoping.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.