Senator Ted Cruz’s Powerful Response to the FBI’s Decision Regarding Clinton’s..

Source: RedState | July 5, 2016 | Susan Wright

Senator Ted Cruz’s Powerful Response to the FBI’s Decision Regarding Clinton’s Email Scandal

As a Constitutional lawyer, Texas Senator Ted Cruz knows a thing or two about the law.

As a conservative senator, he knows what a tank of sharks Washington, D.C. can be.

After today’s announcement by FBI Director James Comey that Hillary Clinton would skate on charges of wrongdoing, in regards to her hiding, destroying, and total mishandling of sensitive emails, Senator Cruz made a strong statement.

From his Facebook page, and in its entirety:

While I have tremendous respect for the dedicated men and women of the FBI, I have serious concerns about the integrity of Director Comey’s decision, and how it threatens the rule of law.

Director Comey has rewritten a clearly worded federal criminal statute. In so doing, he has come dangerously close to saying that grossly negligent handling of classified information should not result in serious consequences for high-level officials. In a nation where the rule of law is supposed to matter, this is troubling.

Yesterday, Americans celebrated the 240th birthday of our Republic. We honored not only those who fought and died to defend our way of life, but the constitutional Republic for which they sacrificed. If we are to remain a beacon of hope and freedom for the rest of the world, it is incumbent upon us to ensure that we remain a nation of laws, and that our laws apply equally and fairly to us all. Under President Obama, we have seen the most politicized Department of Justice in history; I very much hope that politicization has not similarly corrupted the Federal Bureau of Investigation. I join my Senate Judiciary colleagues, including Chairman Grassley, in calling for public transparency of, and full access to, all the information that the FBI used to come to today’s dubious decision.

I dare say, unless you have a transcript of the “chance” meeting between Hillary’s lecherous, corrupt husband, and the equally corrupt Attorney General Loretta Lynch from last week, you won’t get the whole story.

….

These are the reasons we need men like Senator Cruz in the Senate.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.