‘SNL’ recreates ‘Sopranos’ ending with Trump, advisers

Source: The Hill | May 20, 2018 | Jacqueline Thomsen

“Saturday Night Live” marked the first anniversary of special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe into possible ties between President Trump campaign and Russia with a star-studded cast parodying the series finale of “The Sopranos.”

Alec Baldwin’s Trump, in a diner in Bloomfield, N.J., plays Journey’s “Don’t Stop Believing” on the jukebox before being joined by his attorney, Rudy Giuliani, played by Kate McKinnon.

When asked if he had been on Fox News lately, Giuliani replies, “Don’t worry, I told them you were openly colluding with Russia but then I ended with ‘so what!’ so it’ll be fine.”

“I even confessed to some crimes you didn’t do and then I said, ‘What are you gonna, do arrest the president?’ McKinnon’s Giuliani adds.

Ben Stiller then enters as Trump’s personal attorney, Michael Cohen, telling Trump and Giuliani that he is “mostly just preparing to go to jail and stuff.”

“Whatever happens, I’m proud of you Michael,” Trump says.

“I love you too,” Cohen says, to which Trump quickly replies, “I didn’t say that.”

<pDonald Trump Jr. is the last to join the table, leaving Eric Trump outside to “parallel park” a tricycle.

The four then toast to the first year of the Russia investigation, before Trump sees Robert De Niro enter the diner, reprising his role as Mueller.

“Am I the only one that sees that guy?” Trump asks.

Mueller then gets up, walks over to Trump and does the universal sign for “I see you” before the screen goes black, like in the series finale of “The Sopranos.”

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.