Some On The Alt-Right Want To Rebrand Themselves; They Are Still The Same Frauds

Source: RedState | July 7, 2017 | Jay Caruso

After Donald Trump had become the GOP nominee for president, some people chose to quit the Republican Party. I cannot say I blame them. It wasn’t so much Trump, the nominee as it was Trump, in so many ways the antithesis to what it means to be a Republican. That other Republicans quickly jumped on board was depressing to watch.

From the depths of Trump’s base support rose an ugly segment commonly known as the “alt-right.” Unconcerned with conservative ideals such as free markets, lower taxation, strong national defense, and recognizing the benefits of immigration (while working to keep illegal immigration down), the alt-right cares almost entirely about nationalism, specifically, white nationalism.

Led by figures such as Richard Spencer, who attempts to put a “regular” face on bigotry, the underbelly of the alt-right exhibited an ugliness I have never witnessed in the 25 years of my involvement in politics. While some of it originated with Russian bots and fake profiles, much of it was very real. The ugliness put lives at risk with many people who refused to board the Trump train the recipients of death threats and the kind of bigotry you’d expect to see at a Neo-Nazi convention.

There was another reiteration of the alt-right, manifesting itself as an off-shoot of Donald Trump. Content with fighting with the media, “pissing off the libs,” and spreading conspiracy theories, this group wants to break free from the standard alt-right, despite propping them up and happily going along with them for so long — until they found they could make more money going off on their own.

…….

What Americans want and need? These people bring zero value to the Republican Party. Mike Cernovich and Jack Posobiec between them have nearly 500,000 followers on Twitter (which they used to define “success”). Their entire livelihood is made up of advancing conspiracy theories such as #PizzaGate and Seth Rich’s murder coming at the hands of the DNC. Cernovich often floats the idea of there being a pedophile ring that’s taken hold in Hollywood, Congress and the mainstream media. One of Cernovich’s favorite ways to push back on those who criticize him is to label them as pedophiles.

……

They care nothing of conservative or Republican principles. They have none. They’re too cowardly to stick with the very people they aligned with during the GOP primary and are now trying to polish a turd. These people are frauds. They care nothing for conservatism and nothing about the Republican Party. They’re an embarrassment to the party, to its ideals and to the people who worked hard to make the party about ideas and principles, phonies like Mike Cernovich and Jack Posobiec know nothing.

The GOP is not their party. At some point, somebody is going to have to go. It won’t be me. They can crawl their way out of the gutter and back to Richard Spencer and into the sewer. They’re not fooling anybody outside their little ignorant social media followers.

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #17168

EVERYDAY #17171

Not news to me. Most of the alt-right I have encountered were never conservative. They appear to he some hybrid of Republican and Democrat, although these days it’s hard to tell the two parties apart. The alt-right is probably the unhappiness group of people I’ve ever seen. They are constantly angry and bitter about something and whatever is wrong, they blame on others, not themselves. Their candidate, Trump, won the presidency, but for them, the election is still not over. They will go after, not only Hillary, but every Republican and third party candidate and their supporters. If you did not “board the Trump train,” you are a traitor to the US, an enemy of the state, and they are not above threatening violence against anyone who did not and still has not bowed down in worship to their orange god.

It’s bad enough that liberal Republicans in Washington want to drive away true conservatives. The alt-right has set itself up as the conservatives’ enemy too. Unfortunately, the alt-right now claims they are real conservatives. No one should be fooled. These people do not represent true conservatism.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.