Steve Deace's Thought on VP Debate

Source: Steve Deace's Facebook | October 4, 2016 | Steve Deace

My VP debate thoughts.

I’d give Kaine a C-, and it would’ve been an F if not for all the material Trump has handed him. Kaine would’ve been better off being his folksy self. Instead he was grating and at times self-parody trying to play tough guy.

I’d give Pence a B, and it would’ve been higher if he didn’t have to carry Trump’s carcass. Which is too big of an albatross for any one man to bear. He was horrible first 15 minutes of the debate, but then much stronger the rest of the way except when trying to defend Trump.

Two biggest disappointments were Kaine claiming to be a Christian, but then describing situational ethics as his religion. And then Pence was either woefully uninformed or patently dishonest in claiming Trump didn’t say Putin was a better leader than Obama (he did at the Commander-in-Chief forum on national television a month ago).

The only political impact this will have is provide Pence a chance to be a future presidential candidate, and eliminate any chance Kaine had of being one.

P.S. I’ve got an axe to grind with Pence for the way he sold us out on RFRA last year, so please take that into account as you assess my analysis of him. I should disclose that bias so I am.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.