‘Straight into the paper shredder:’ Texans the first to decry Obama’s schools…

Source: Washington Post | May 13, 2016 | Katie Mettler

‘Straight into the paper shredder:’ Texans the first to decry Obama’s schools directive about transgender bathrooms

….

Just hours after news outlets reported on the directive, which will be sent to all public schools across the country Friday, Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick offered a doomsday outlook.

“This will be the beginning of the end of the public school system as we know it,” he told NBC 5.

Patrick and other top Republicans in America’s largest conservative state, had spent the day listening to Gov. Greg Abbott’s vows to unite with the state of North Carolina as it wages a legal battle with the federal government over the Tar Heel state’s new law requiring people to use the bathroom that aligns with the gender on their birth certificate.

….

“President Obama, in the dark of the night – without consulting Congress, without consulting educators, without consulting parents – decides to issue an executive order, like this superintendent, forcing transgender policies on schools and on parents who clearly don’t want it,” Patrick told NBC 5.

….

“I got news for President Barack Obama,” Port Neches-Groves (Texas) Superintendent Rodney Canvass told 12News. “He ain’t my President and he can’t tell me what to do. That letter is going straight to the paper shredder. I have 5 daughters myself and I have 2,500 girls in my protection. Their moms and dads expect me to protect them. And that is what I am going to do. Now I don’t want them bullied… but there are accommodations that can be made short of this. He is destroying the very fiber of this country. He is not a leader. He is a failure.”

….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #6101

EVERYDAY #6104

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!

If Texas secedes from the union, I am going to emigrate. 😊

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.