Stray cat becomes internet star after joining the fire department

Source: USA Today | July 13, 2017 | Liv Osby

GREENVILLE, SC — The tiny orange and white kitten was in rough shape when he strayed into the Belmont Fire House malnourished and too small to even be vaccinated.

After lapping up some fried chicken and lots of attention, the weeks-old kitty grew stronger. 

And two short years later, Flame, as the guys in the firehouse call him, is an Instagram sensation who was featured in a recent segment of the popular Animal Planet show “My Cat From Hell.”

“I came in one day and I saw the guys playing with this kitten,” Fire Chief Anthony Segars said of Flame’s arrival at the firehouse.

“Now we’ve had dogs and cats wander up here before but they’re always gone in a day or so,” he told The Greenville News. “But a few days later … the cat was sleeping in the bay. So I asked the guys, ‘Why is the cat here?’

“And they told me, ‘He lives here now.’ ”

Since his arrival, Flame has come to be not only a companion for the firefighters, who can spend many hours away from home, but a kind of therapy cat for them as well.

“We see a lot of bad stuff,” Segars said. “And it’s like he knows, he can sense, that maybe they aren’t having a good day. And he will just rub up on them and sit in their lap, and be like, I’m here for you.”

…….

Tagged: ,

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.