Student Claims CNN Wanted Scripted Questions

Source: The Resurgent | February 22, 2018 | Erick Erickson

Colton Haab, a JROTC student at the Parkland high school says CNN wanted a scripted question from him.

I am going to be very honest with you. This raises my confirmation bias sense. I don’t doubt that Colton Haab is telling us what he wanted to ask. But it sounds to me like there may have been a misunderstanding more than CNN trying to get him to not ask his particular question. The network is denying that they insisted on scripted, anti-gun questions.

……..

I have participated in enough CNN events to know that they’ve never done this when I’ve been involved and to the extent they get people to ask “scripted” questions, they work with people to get their question more narrowly focused so they don’t have microphone hogs monologuing. It has nothing to do with insisting only certain questions be asked.

But that’s the impression this is going to give to people already mad about the townhall and it is going to play well all over conservative media. I just think there was a misunderstanding here. Again, I don’t doubt what Colton Haab is saying. I just think he might have misunderstood what CNN was trying to do. I suspect they were trying to just tighten up his question, not force him to ask a question presupposing a position he does not support.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #21810

EVERYDAY #21816

I think this whole “outrage” over Parkland is staged. Oh, I don’t believe the conspiracy theory that the kids are actors and not really students. But I’m sure all of these protests and what not are being run by some person or entity. They are certainly being well financed, just like Me Too and Black Lives Matter. And the media loves all this because it’s one more way to blame Trump and the Republicans for something. There are probably several persons or groups trying to run this farce and each is competing with the others to control the narrative.

What I would like to know is — while these students are out protesting, appearing on tv and what not, are they going to have to make up the classes they have missed? Or are the teachers giving these kids extra credit for participating in this nonsense? If I were a parent, I would be very unhappy that my kid’s school is allowing them to skip out on their lessons instead of staying in school and learning something that might lead to a job one day. I thought that was what people pay taxes for.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.