Ted Cruz: I Feel an Obligation to Go to Cleveland

Source: glennbeck.com | July 8, 2016 | Lori

Former presidential candidate Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) joined The Glenn Beck Program on Friday to discuss the troubling issues facing America — from the violence in Dallas to the FBI failing to indict Hillary Clinton to why he’s agreed to speak at the upcoming GOP convention in Cleveland.

…..

Switching gears, Glenn commented on Megyn Kelly’s characterization of Cruz’s decision to speak at the Republican National Convention later this month.

“She spent a good 10 minutes mocking you, ridiculing you, saying you’re a hypocrite,” Glenn said. “Do you want to answer to what she said last night?”

While Cruz missed Kelly’s comments, he wasn’t necessarily surprised by the narrative portrayed by the media. More importantly, he focused on his true reasons for attending the convention. “I said for a long time that I’m going to be in Cleveland because we’ve got nearly 600 delegates. We won roughly eight million votes nationwide, 12 states. We had 326,000 volunteers, and I feel an obligation to go to Cleveland and thank the delegates, thank the grassroots who worked so incredibly hard,” Cruz said. “I’m going to be there to say thank you and to do my very best to lay out a vision for what we as Americans, what we as conservatives believe, and where we go forward from here.”

Listen to the full segment from The Glenn Beck Program:

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.