Ted Cruz on 2016: 'We may all need to run'

Source: CNN | June 20, 2016 | Betsy Klein

Ted Cruz returned to the campaign trail for the first time since suspending his presidential campaign to stump for senate hopeful Darryl Glenn in Denver — but at least one fan of the Texas senator isn’t ready to let his 2016 bid go.

As the former candidate acknowledged the “unusual” presidential race, the audience laughed, as a man shouted, “Run, Ted.”

“We may all need to run,” Cruz joked, who kicked off his remarks in his trademark way, saying, “God bless the great state of Colorado.”

….

“….Regardless of what happens in November, we need a United States Senate that will stand up and check abuses of the President of the United States. And we need a Senate that is willing to check the President, whether the President is a Democrat or a Republican.”

Following Cruz’s speech, Glenn spoke about the “responsibility to get in line and support” the presumptive GOP nominee. While others in the room applaud, Cruz did not, reaching for his glass of water.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #7223

slhancock1948 #7233

Praying that the delegates come through for America.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Woodcutter #7238

I heard that there were “hundreds” of delegates considering their options. Trump now has 1542 of the 1237 needed to win the nomination; that’s 305 over the min. So, if more than 305 of “his” delegates vote their consciences, things could get very interesting…

Victoria #7248

I pray the delegates at the convention consider the country and nominate someone other than Trump. That is our only hope. If Trump becomes the candidate, I will not vote for him. I do not want a mental case president becoming Commander In Chief.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.