Ted Cruz: Voters Don't Need to Decide on Trump Yet

Source: Texas Tribune | May 10, 2016 | Patrick Svitek

In his first interview since dropping out of the presidential race, Ted Cruz said voters do not need to immediately decide whether to support presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump — and left the door open to resuming his own campaign. 

Speaking with radio host Glenn Beck, a supporter, Cruz did not say whether he supports Trump, but signaled to supporters they can take their time to assess him. 

“This is a choice every voter is going to have to make, and I would note it’s not a choice we as the voters have to make today,” Cruz said. “The voters in the primary have seemed to have made a choice, and we’ll see what happens as the months go forward, but I think we need to watch and see what the candidates say and do.”

Cruz was also asked about the possibility of returning to the race, perhaps if he does well in the Nebraska primary being held Tuesday. Cruz replied he is “not holding my breath” for such an outcome, but made clear he would be open to the opportunity if it presented itself.

….

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.