Texas massacre bystander sprang into action after shooting, chasing suspect at95

Source: ABC News | November 6, 2017 | JJ Gallagher, Katie Kindelan and Jennifer Leong

Johnnie Langendorff was headed to his girlfriend’s house on Sunday morning when he came upon a harrowing scene: A man exchanging fire with another man in front of a church in Sutherland Springs, Texas.

Langendorff had no idea one of the men, Devin Kelley, 26, had allegedly killed 26 people inside the church until the other man, a neighbor of the church, hopped into Langendorff’s truck.

“The neighbor with the rifle came to my truck and he opened my door and said, ‘He just shot up the church,’ and got in,” Langendorff said today on “Good Morning America.” “He said, ‘Chase him’ so that’s what I did. I just chased him.”

Langendorff and the neighbor, who was not identified, followed the suspect at speeds reaching 95 miles per hour.

At the same time, Langendorff was on the phone with 911 dispatchers trying to alert police that Kelley, who authorities believe killed 26 people and injured at least 20 at the First Baptist Church, was on the move.

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.