The Ted Cruz Ground Game In South Carolina is Impressive

Source: The Resurgent | February 5, 2016 | Erick Erickson

I do not expect Ted Cruz to win the New Hampshire primary. It is possible, but it is not probable. I’d put the odds on Trump or Rubio.

But I have been studying the Ted Cruz ground game in South Carolina and it is a sight to behold.

…..

It’s no secret that Ted Cruz and his campaign have built a campaign from the ground up. This is not, however, the old clip board type of campaigning. Using a top end data analytics company, Cambridge Analytica, the Cruz team has for months been building out a modern version of retail politics. As the campaign manager, Jeff Roe, noted the other day in Iowa, they knew how many votes they needed in certain counties and the exact number they were shooting for with days to go. And guess what? They weren’t surprised when they won on Monday night.

Not only is the Cruz campaign ahead of the curve on the ground, their super PAC, Keep the Promise, is as well. It’s no secret they were on the ground in Iowa starting this past fall. But it’s not just Iowa. The Keep the Promise Super PAC already has over 100 paid block walkers on the ground in South Carolina and has them there since last November. I am told they are also positioned similarly in many of the March 1st SEC states and are building efforts out further in the calendar as well.

Which means in the end, the campaigns competing against Ted Cruz aren’t just up against his campaign on the ground. They are up against his super PAC and likely behind the curve to both entities.

….

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.