Trump calls on Sessions to end Russia probe ‘right now’

Source: The Hill | August 1, 2018 | Jordan Fabian

President Trump on Wednesday called on Attorney General Jeff Sessions to stop the Russia investigation, a significant escalation of his attacks against the long-running probe that has dogged his presidency.

“Attorney General Jeff Sessions should stop this Rigged Witch Hunt right now, before it continues to stain our country any further,” Trump tweeted.

The president also accused special counsel Robert Mueller of being “totally conflicted,” adding that “his 17 Angry Democrats that are doing his dirty work are a disgrace to USA.”

Trump’s latest barb comes one day his former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, went on trial for alleged tax, financial and bank fraud crimes, the biggest test yet of the Mueller probe.

The president also sought to distance himself from Manafort, saying in another tweet that he only “worked for me for a very short time” and suggested federal authorities should have informed him his campaign chief was under investigation during the 2016 campaign.

“Paul Manafort worked for Ronald Reagan, Bob Dole and many other highly prominent and respected political leaders. He worked for me for a very short time. Why didn’t government tell me that he was under investigation. These old charges have nothing to do with Collusion – a Hoax!”

…….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.