Trump claims Sanford remarks booed by lawmakers were well-received

Source: The Hill | June 20, 2018 | Brett Samuels

on Wednesday claimed his most recent attacks on Rep. Mark Sanford (R-S.C.) at a closed-door meeting with Sanford’s colleagues were well received, despite multiple lawmakers saying they were greeted with grumbles and boos.

“Had a great meeting with the House GOP last night at the Capitol. They applauded and laughed loudly when I mentioned my experience with Mark Sanford. I have never been a fan of his!” Trump tweeted.

At the Tuesday night meeting on immigration, Trump asked if Sanford was in attendance before calling him a “nasty guy.”

The comments were met with boos and and grumbles, according to sources in the room.

“I was very upset. It was very unnecessary and as far as I’m concerned, it was very rude,” Rep. Walter Jones (R-N.C.) said. “To make light of Mark Sanford is very unacceptable.”

Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) called Trump’s barb a “classless cheap shot” in a tweet after the meeting.

On Wednesday, Amash disputed Trump’s account of the meeting, saying “nobody applauded or laughed.”

And GOP Rep. Ryan Costello (Pa.) called Trump’s claim “categorically false.”

………..

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #24237

EVERYDAY #24239

Trump lives in an alternate universe where everyone loves him, everyone laughs an applauds. The sad thing is that there are some in the Republican Party hierarchy eager to turn its membership into this adoring, fawning cult.

Trump seems to enjoy ruthless dictators like Kim and is trying to emulate him. He wants the same kind of legislative body as Kim has — one that will do his bidding and applaud his every pronouncement.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.