Trump denies knowledge of fake videos, says he can work with Pelosi

Source: The Hill | May 24, 2019 | Brett Samuels

President Trump on Friday said he was unfamiliar with doctored videos of Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) being shared on social media, saying he could “absolutely” work with the Democratic leader while accusing her of “not helping the country.”

“I don’t know about the videos. I can tell you that — what I’m here is to help the country,” Trump told reporters as he departed the White House for Japan.

Trump’s comments came one day after he retweeted a video from Fox Business Network that, while not doctored, had been selectively edited to combine clips of the California Democrat tripping over her words in a press conference.

The president shared the clip the same day that The Washington Post reported that videos altered to make Pelosi appear to be slurring her words have spread on social media at a rapid rate.

Trump and Pelosi have been locked in a bitter war of words this week, exchanging insults and barbs amid an intensifying feud after the president walked out of a meeting at the White House.

The president was asked repeatedly on Friday whether his spat with Pelosi had gotten too personal. Trump said he can “absolutely” work with Pelosi moving forward, but simultaneously asserted she’s “not helping this country.”

Trump maintained that Democrats must abandon their investigations into his administration, campaign and finances before the two sides can work together on issues like infrastructure and drug pricing. But he indicated he’d be willing to come to the table once that happened.

………

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.