Trump denounces Stone arrest: 'Human traffickers are treated better'

Source: The Hill | January 25, 2019 | Jordan Fabian and Morgan Chalfant

President Trump on Friday accused the FBI of mistreating his longtime associate Roger Stone by arresting him in a pre-dawn raid, his first response to the Russia investigation indictment.

“Greatest Witch Hunt in the History of our Country! NO COLLUSION! Border Coyotes, Drug Dealers and Human Traffickers are treated better,” Trump tweeted.

He also suggested that CNN was tipped off about the arrest, asking, “Who alerted CNN to be there?” The network said it was on the scene in Florida to capture the footage after carefully following the grand jury proceedings of special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe.

…….

Stone has been indicted on seven counts in connection with Mueller’s investigation into Russian interference and potential coordination between the Trump campaign and Moscow. The charges include obstruction of an official proceeding, witness tampering and five counts of false statements.

A federal magistrate judge ruled late Friday morning Stone is not a flight risk and can be released on a $250,000 signature bond.

Stone denied the charges in comments to reporters after he was released, saying he will plead not guilty and has no intention of testifying against Trump. 

“There is no circumstance whatsoever under which I will bear false witness against the president,” Stone said, “nor will I make up lies to ease the pressure on myself.”

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.