Trump fires back at Dimon: He doesn't have the 'smarts' to be president

Source: Politico | September 13, 2018 | Rebecca Morin

President Donald Trump on Thursday morning slammed Jamie Dimon after the JPMorgan Chase CEO taunted the president by claiming he would beat him in an election because he is “smarter” than Trump.

“The problem with banker Jamie Dimon running for President is that he doesn’t have the aptitude or ‘smarts’ & is a poor public speaker & nervous mess – otherwise he is wonderful,” Trump tweeted. “I’ve made a lot of bankers, and others, look much smarter than they are with my great economic policy!”

Speaking at an event held Wednesday at the bank’s headquarters in New York, Dimon suggested that he would beat Trump in an election, adding that “I’m as tough as he is. I’m smarter than he is.”

“I think I could beat Trump,” he reportedly said. “I would be fine. He could punch me all he wants, it wouldn’t work with me. I’d fight right back.”

The JPMorgan Chase CEO also jabbed at the president’s wealth, insinuating that Trump’s fortune is not self-made but is instead the result of help from the president’s father, who was a real estate developer in New York.

“This wealthy New Yorker,” Dimon said pointing to himself, CNBC reported, “actually earned his money.”

“It wasn’t a gift from daddy,” he said of Trump.

Dimon almost immediately walked backed his comments as they attracted attention from the press.

“I should not have said it. I’m not running for President,” Dimon said in a statement. “Proves I wouldn’t make a good politician. I get frustrated because I want all sides to come together to help solve big problems.”

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #25637

EVERYDAY #25644

Oh boy! A testosterone slugfest.

This is one of many things wrong with Trump. Instead of working on keeping his campaign promises, he is busy engaging in childish “I’m better than you” exchanges. Always has to have an enemy for his fans to focus on to distract them from his failures.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.