Trump: 'I am bringing out the military' to stop border crossings

Source: The Hill | October 25, 2018 | Megan Keller

President Trump said in an early morning tweet on Thursday that he is “bringing out the military” to secure the border with Mexico, calling it a “National Emergency.”

“Brandon Judd of the National Border Patrol Council is right when he says on @foxandfriends that the Democrat inspired laws make it tough for us to stop people at the Border,” Trump tweeted. “MUST BE CHANDED, but I am bringing out the military for this National Emergency. They will be stopped!”

…….

Trump tweeted last week that he would use the military to stop a caravan of migrants from Central America, which has reportedly swelled beyond 7,500, if Mexico did not stop it.

“I must, in the strongest of terms, ask Mexico to stop this onslaught – and if unable to do so I will call up the U.S. Military and CLOSE OUR SOUTHERN BORDER!” Trump tweeted.

He said Wednesday night at a rally in Wisconsin that the “military are ready” to help secure the border against the caravan, according to NBC News.

The Mexican ambassador to the U.S., Gerónimo Gutiérrez, said Monday that Mexico will continue to work to halt illegal immigration into its country and work with the Trump administration to block the caravan from passing into the U.S.

The Hill could not reach the Pentagon for immediate comment on whether or not it has received formal orders to enforce immigration law.

…….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #26164

ConservativeGranny #26166

Trump tweeted. “MUST BE CHANDED”. Must be a new word.

From what I understand, the “military” won’t be armed. I don’t know how they plan on stopping these people.

EVERYDAY #26168

I believe the last batch of the National Guard was unarmed and even was forbidden to engage the invaders in any way. If Donnie is really sending in regular troops, he had better be sure they are armed.

Donnie’s future is riding on how he responds to this invasion. If his response is tepid, it will not bode well for the Republicans in November or for him in 2020.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.