Trump: I’m not worried about Cohen cooperating because ‘I’m an honest guy’

Source: The Hill | September 24, 2018 | Justin Wise

President Trump said that he’s not worried about his former personal attorney, Michael Cohen, pleading guilty to federal crimes, including campaign finance law violations.

“I’m not, because I’m an honest guy,” Trump said in an interview on “Geraldo in Cleveland” on WTAM radio that is set to air on Monday, according to The New York Times.

“And that stuff is unrelated to me. And that was Michael did that stuff. And Michael I mean you know, you know I have many, many lawyers. I have very big law firms I have that do my work.”

Trump added that he was unsure if Cohen could tell authorities anything that could be potentially problematic for the president. 

“I don’t know anything because, I’ll be honest, I do everything straight,” Trump said. “I do everything straight.”

His comments come after Cohen, one of Trump’s closest associates in the Trump Organization, pleaded guilty to bank and tax fraud, as well as violating campaign finance law, in federal court in Manhattan last month.

…….

Cohen’s guilty plea did not include a cooperation agreement. But ABC News reported last week that Cohen has sat for interviews with special counsel Robert Mueller in his probe into Russian election interference and possible collusion between Trump’s campaign and Moscow. 

The discussions have mainly focused on Trump’s business dealings with Russia and Moscow’s interference in the 2016 election, according to the report. 

…….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #25803

EVERYDAY #25809

Well, the word is that if Rosenstein is fired or he resigns, the next guy up for his job is an alleged “conservative” who is likely to shut down the Mueller investigation. I suppose Trump believes he can say anything now because he believes the Mueller investigation will be sunk.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.