Trump lost his temper during mock Mueller interview: Woodward book

Source: The Hill | September 4, 2018 | Brett Samuels

President Trump lashed out at aides during a practice interview earlier this year intended to prepare him for a possible sit-down with special counsel Robert Mueller, according to a new book from veteran journalist Bob Woodward.

The Washington Post, which obtained a copy of the book, reported Tuesday that former Trump attorney John Dowd arranged a mock interview on Jan. 27. As Dowd rattled off a series of questions about the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election, Trump reportedly stumbled over his answers and contradicted himself.

“This thing’s a goddamn hoax,” Trump said, sparking a 30-minute rant.

“I don’t really want to testify,” he concluded, according to the book.

The book goes on to describe Trump’s paranoia about the Russia probe as “unrelenting,” with the president telling aides that “everybody’s trying to get me” after Mueller was appointed in May 2017.

Woodward, who is best known for his work investigating the Watergate scandal of the Nixon administration, has written a book based on hundreds of hours of interviews with firsthand sources, meeting notes, personal diaries, files and documents,

……

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #25476

EVERYDAY #25480

You know the White House will deny all this as will many of the players. And you can expect a few of Trump’s childish, nasty tweets aimed at Woodward and the Washington Post as well. Have to keep a steady stream of enemies, real or imagined for the Trump fans to hate. I think this is what he does for most of the day, rather than doing the job of president.

ConservativeGranny #25484

How long do we have to wait for this nightmare to be over?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.