Trump: My social media use is 'modern day presidential'

Source: Politico | July 1, 2017 | Rebecca Morin

President Donald Trump said Saturday that his social media use is “modern day presidential,” less than an hour after accusing the media of trying to convince lawmakers that he should stop using Twitter.

“My use of social media is not Presidential – it’s MODERN DAY PRESIDENTIAL. Make America Great Again,” he tweeted after multiple posts attacking the “fake and fraudulent news media.”

The tweet came after he accused media of trying to convince Republican lawmakers that he should not use social media.

“The FAKE & FRAUDULENT NEWS MEDIA is working hard to convince Republicans and others I should not use social media – but remember, I won…. ….the 2016 election with interviews, speeches and social media. I had to beat #FakeNews, and did. We will continue to WIN,” Trump tweeted.

Following tweets attacking “Morning Joe” co-hosts Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski, some Republicans expressed their concerns with Trump’s twitter habit.

Nebraska Sen. Ben Sasse said those tweets were “beneath the dignity” of the presidential office. Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski also added, “do you want to be remembered for your tweets or your accomplishments?”

…….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #17045

Consistent #17046

Consistent #17047

EVERYDAY #17048

No, Trump, your use of Twitter just convinces all of us that you are a mentally unstable, emotionally immature little kid.

As I said earlier, perhaps he would accomplish his supposed agenda if he didn’t waste time on Twitter. I can’t believe with all the issues he must tackle as president, he has time to squander on petty squabnles.

Consistent #17049

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.