Trump says he appreciates Pelosi's impeachment comments, but did 'nothing wrong'

Source: The Hill | March 13, 2019 | Brett Samuels

President Trump said Wednesday that he appreciates Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s (D-Calif.) recent comments that set a high bar for launching impeachment proceedings against him, but added that he “did nothing wrong.”

“I greatly appreciate Nancy Pelosi’s statement against impeachment, but everyone must remember the minor fact that I never did anything wrong, the Economy and Unemployment are the best ever, Military and Vets are great — and many other successes!” Trump tweeted.

“How do you impeach a man who is considered by many to be the President with the most successful first two years in history, especially when he has done nothing wrong and impeachment is for ‘high crimes and misdemeanors’?” he added.

……..

Pelosi, who has tried for months to tamp down talk of impeachment, gave her strongest indication to date that she is unlikely to support such proceedings in an interview with The Washington Post published Monday.

“Impeachment is so divisive to the country that unless there’s something so compelling and overwhelming and bipartisan, I don’t think we should go down that path, because it divides the country. And he’s just not worth it,” Pelosi told the Post.

Pelosi said that, despite her opposition to impeachment at the moment, she does not believe Trump is fit to serve as president.

…….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.