Trump says he hired Michael Cohen because of 'favor' on condo board

Source: Washington Examiner | December 13, 2018 | Steven Nelson

President Trump said Thursday that the “favor” that prompted him to hire attorney Michael Cohen was service on a condo committee at Trump World Tower.

“Years ago, many years, like 12, 13 years ago, he did me a favor. He was on a committee and he was so responsive and so good, and I said, ‘He’s a nice guy,'” Trump said during a Fox News interview.

Cohen purchased an apartment in the building in 2001, five years before he was hired by the Trump Organization in 2006.

Trump first alluded to the “favor” last month, after his former “fixer” agreed to plead guilty to lying to Congress about efforts to open a Trump hotel in Moscow.

Trump did not provide details about Cohen’s condo-committee service, but said that Cohen was “a very big supporter of mine on that committee,” and that “in retrospect, I made a mistake” in hiring him.

Describing Cohen’s condo-committee service in general terms, Trump said: “When you build a building, people always get together at the end and they make a settlement with the owner. They say that the ceiling painted wasn’t the right color or something. Sometimes serious stuff, but in my case, it was a great building.”

…….

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.