Trump: Troll or Moron? You Make the Call

Source: Conservative Review | April 14, 2016 | Steve Deace

C.S. Lewis is known for summing up the possibilities surrounding Jesus Christ according to three roads: liar, Lord, or lunatic.

Well, I think we have arrived at the point where Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign should be similarly qualified, but I have only two options to present as viable.

He’s either a troll or a moron.

Put another way, either Trump never intended to win — he was trolling the country all along for his own personal gain — or his actual desire for government power was vastly exceeded by his gross incompetence, and fundamental misunderstanding of what it would take to secure it. To the point that the man who claims he’s going to out-maneuver the likes of China and Russia, couldn’t seem to master the Republican Party’s delegate acquisition process.

Either way, the net result seems to be that Ted Cruz smartly used Trump to help dismantle a 17-candidate GOP field, and distract the press from sabotaging him while he out-organized everybody else in the critical battle to secure delegates. I wrote earlier this week here at Conservative Review that Trump is now preparing his exit strategy as he comes to terms with his sub-1,237 convention fate, but it is a separate question what Trump’s motivations were for running all along.

While it is increasingly tempting to sum Trump up as simply a moron caught with his knickers down outside his area of expertise, I think the more likely answer is that he never intended to be taken so seriously as a candidate in the first place. But he found out the system was even more frail, incompetent, and ripe for the picking by a megalomaniac than even he could’ve possibly imagined.

….

That’s why he didn’t spend the money to put together convention and caucus organizations that could aggressively compete to reach the 1,237 mark. If he really coveted that finish line, Trump could’ve spent some of his millions on organization and destroyed this GOP field.

Yet he abstained. The man spares no expense when it comes to living a lifestyle narrated by Robin Leach, but then he suddenly decides to go on the cheap when it comes to running for the most powerful office in the world?

Don’t pee on me and tell me it’s raining.

So Trump’s a troll, not a moron. But if you insist on believing he’s still your man for the White House, I’ve got a different conclusion for you.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #4427

mostlyhomebound #4433

Why “or”?

EVERYDAY #4436

Why “or”?

Agreed. I think he’s both. And he’s supposedly well educated. My parents and their whole generation were blue collar types. Some finished high school; some did not. But any one of them was ten times smarter than Little Donnie. And they could speak English and articulate their thoughts a lot better, too.

slhancock1948 #4440

He is the epitome of a narcissist in that both fit him well. He thinks, from his own experiences in life, that he’s the most brilliant man alive. Sort of why he cannot mention the name of Jesus or God. In his mind, he is equal to them. To give deference to them would belittle him. He’s too egotistic to let anybody be above him, so he has to demean everybody else, regardless of how low he has to go to do it. We’ve seen a low with DT that is lower that Romney went. Add Ann Coulter to the mix, and you have two people who are racing tot he bottom and are clueless of what they look like to the rest of us.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Victoria #4453

I was an associate school psychologist/professional counselor/psychological examiner, for thirty years. I evaluated thousands of people including career criminals. As a result, a person’s behavior over time, gives me clues as to the psychological makeup of the person. I know what behaviors mean and automatically evaluate people’s behaviors and they suggest to me where they might be placed in the DSM (Diagnostic Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) if indeed there are behaviors that suggest that. Based on a person’s behavior without actually testing the person, I can say a person’s behavior tends to have characteristics of “X” mental disorder.

I have read about Trump’s behavior from his early years. He tends to have one objective, proving he is smart. He tends to not admit an error. He is grandiose when speaking of a slight accomplishment; he embellishes a slight accomplishment. A person who tends to be insecure, will have these behaviors. They will also speak ill of people in order to place themselves higher than other people. His insecurity appears to be he does not believe he is smart and will keep trying to prove he is smart.

He wrote in a book in 1987, saying he punched his second grade music teacher because he didn’t think the teacher knew enough about music. In 1983, his father, Fred, told an interviewer that Donald “was a pretty rough fellow when he was small.” Due to behavior problems, Trump left the school at age 13 and was enrolled in the New York Military Academy (NYMA). In other words, the family shipped him off hoping a military school would change his bad behavior.

Trump has said the military high school gave him “more training militarily than a lot of the guys that go into the military.” That, of course, is an embellishment – no way is real military training like his high school.

He started college at Fordham University in the Bronx for two years. He entered the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania. He got in due to his deceased brother’s friend being on the admission committee. So he spent two years at Wharton getting a bachelor’s degree. He will not give permission for his grades at Wharton to be released. However, he continually brings up Wharton, saying they only accept really smart people and he is really smart. He is 69 and is still using Wharton to say he is smart.

My opinion, is, he is insecure to the max and the gold plated faucets and seat strap buckles in his airplane prove to him he has to be smart to have those. His vocabulary is small, (perhaps as small as his hands). Due to a small vocabulary, most of his sentences are incomplete; an array of woods that don’t make much sense.
    The latest sentences of his to Hannity are: “I believe strongly in policy.” “I believe strongly in being smart.” Note he gets “smart” in there. Those two sentences, besides being complete sentences (at least he did that) mean nothing, they are just words put together with no substance.

I believe he is extremely insecure, thinking/knowing he is not smart, and has to tear down others continually, to prove to himself he is smart, but he never gets there to believe it so he keeps on saying it and cutting down others to keep himself above them – and that doesn’t work, either. The insecurity/being not smart, remains.

I don’t want an insecure man who thinks he is not smart, having his finger on the red button and pushing it to prove to the world he is smart.

ConstitutionalConservative #4456

For starters and to be FAIR… I think he is an Egotistical Narcissistic Moronic Troll.

Consistent #4457

Victoria, do you know whether Trump’s father beat him up emotionally? “You are not smart enough. You are not good enough.”

silver pines #4458

“Either way, the net result seems to be that Ted Cruz smartly used Trump to help dismantle a 17-candidate GOP field, and distract the press from sabotaging him while he out-organized everybody else in the critical battle to secure delegates.”

It makes me grin now to think of the past fall, when everyone was saying, “Where’s Cruz? He sure is quiet”, as the Trump circus was building up steam and his idiot fans were beginning to fall at his feet.

At the time, I presumed he was busy laying his ground game, but I admit that, then and for the longest time, it was only a phrase to me. Now I understand just how brilliant and foxy our candidate is, because I see it paying off.

As Jonah Goldberg said of Cruz, “He’s the type to swim a moat with a knife between his teeth.”

silver pines #4493

“His vocabulary is small, (perhaps as small as his hands)”

Heeheeheehahahaha

Marcella, it amazes me that more people are not put off by Trump’s simplistic, nonsense manner of speaking.

I have a question for you. What’s your opinion of the Trump sycophants who respond to concerns about their idol by worshipfully pointing out that he has built huge things, and is so rich, and has a fabulous NYC penthouse? I’ve seen that kind of thing from FR Trumpsters. They love posting pictures of Trump’s plane—and they gush even more feverishly if someone posts pics of its interior.

They seem awfully childlike to me, to be so impressed by such stupid, superficial things.

Victoria #4543

Consistent, you said, “Victoria, do you know whether Trump’s father beat him up emotionally? ‘You are not smart enough. You are not good enough.’”

I wrote a really long article, Learning Disabilities 101, to you on the website and this little Chromebook computer froze and I had to end up re-starting it and losing the long writing. So, I’m composing on my email and will copy and paste it on CC.

Learning Disabilities 101
    I’ll try to summarize what I wrote. I psychologically tested many hundreds of children for learning disabilities and was in charge of teachers who worked with learning disabled children.

I suspect Trump had/has a learning disability and his language difficulty, not speaking in complete sentences, adding words that mean nothing, could be due to a learning disability that began to show itself when he was a baby. His language may not have developed when it should – meaning a late talker. Language, the hearing and repeating of words mainly happens during age two. A child that has many ear infections during that year tends to have delayed speaking, garbled words, and later, writing and spelling problems. Also, a brain “wiring” problem can cause the same delayed speaking and other later problems of writing and spelling.

Would you have physically attacked your music teacher in the second grade when you were 7 or 8 years old? I doubt it. What does one do in a music class? Sing. You have to have an understanding of words to sing, the words have to come out of your mouth. It is likely he could not perform in singing with the others at that age and the teacher may have insisted he sing, so he did something to stop it that would not expose his inability to perform – he physically hit the teacher and that stopped that problem for him.

His behavior was so bad by the time he was 13, he was shipped off to military school to try to stop his misbehavior. He was likely still acting out to cover up his problem.

I do think it’s possible, he thought he was not smart due to his learning disability. I don’t know if the father tried to push him as you suggest, maybe he did, but I think, if he had this disability, Trump himself would have thought he was not smart, that he was “dumb”, and he has spent his life trying to disprove that. How many times have you heard him say, “I am really smart.” “I went to Wharton and they only take smart people and I am really smart.” That is unusual to say at age 69, to continue to try to prove you are smart.

He can talk for an hour using incomplete sentences, and repeating words over and over. He usually says the same words twice in succession. Language experts have evaluated his speech and puts it at fourth grade level.

I see your writing and know you do not speak at a fourth grade level – you have a command of writing and words. Maybe you could run for president.

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Victoria.
    Victoria #4546

“I have a question for you. What’s your opinion of the Trump sycophants who respond to concerns about their idol by worshipfully pointing out that he has built huge things, and is so rich, and has a fabulous NYC penthouse? I’ve seen that kind of thing from FR Trumpsters. They love posting pictures of Trump’s plane—and they gush even more feverishly if someone posts pics of its interior. They seem awfully childlike to me, to be so impressed by such stupid, superficial things.”

I noticed that many times. No matter what the problem was, the answer was, “He has billions of dollars so he can fix it.” “He is so rich, he must be right.” I didn’t bother responding to those people as they were in a trance over the money. They are also projecting – seeing themselves as him – they will become rich, too, if they vote for him – “I will be like him, I will be rich when I vote for him.”

That is why I sometimes mention his gold plated fixtures on his plane. That is taking rich to the highest level he can – down to gold faucets and seat buckles – that tells the world he is rich – but mainly, he is saying, “I am smart – see, I have gold faucets and seat buckles and that proves I am smart.

You missed your counseling session, so I have added $100 to your bill. :o)

ConservativeGranny #4555

I’ve noticed his odd speech patterns too especially repeating words or phrases twice. I believe Rubio made fun of that during one of the debates and it really set Donald off. It was funny he denied it and as he was denying it didn’t he repeat himself? It was hilarious.

silver pines #4641

“I noticed that many times. No matter what the problem was, the answer was, “He has billions of dollars so he can fix it.” “He is so rich, he must be right.” I didn’t bother responding to those people as they were in a trance over the money. They are also projecting – seeing themselves as him – they will become rich, too, if they vote for him – “I will be like him, I will be rich when I vote for him.”

That is why I sometimes mention his gold plated fixtures on his plane. That is taking rich to the highest level he can – down to gold faucets and seat buckles – that tells the world he is rich – but mainly, he is saying, “I am smart – see, I have gold faucets and seat buckles and that proves I am smart.

You missed your counseling session, so I have added $100 to your bill. :o)”

Projecting—yes, you nailed it. They’re getting a thrill from associating themselves with the super-rich, flashy (tacky) candidate. I can tell you this…my inlaws are self-made people, and they have done very well for themselves, but my mother-in-law would burn down her house before she would install gold fixtures. That’s because she has taste. Trump has exactly none. Gold fixtures are the upscale version of velvet Elvis paintings.

I’m racking up a hefty tab. If Cruz loses the nomination, you might end up making enough money off me to buy a plane with your own name on the side.

(But he won’t lose).

silver pines #4644

I’ve noticed his odd speech patterns too especially repeating words or phrases twice. I believe Rubio made fun of that during one of the debates and it really set Donald off. It was funny he denied it and as he was denying it didn’t he repeat himself? It was hilarious.

*Snicker*…

RUBIO: You already mentioned that as part of my plan. I know what that is. What else is part of your plan? The only thing is to get rid of the lines around the states? What else is part of your health care plan?
    TRUMP: What the lines around the state means—and it was almost done. Excuse me. Excuse me. Excuse me.
    RUBIO: What’s your plan?
    TRUMP: That brings in competition. When you get rid of the lines, it brings in competition. So instead of having one insurance company taking care of New York or Texas, you’ll have many. They’ll compete. And it will be a beautiful thing.
    RUBIO: Right and what—so that’s the only part of the plan? Just the lines. The interstate competition?
    TRUMP: The nice part about—you have many different plans. You’ll have competition. You’ll have so many different plans.
    RUBIO: Now he’s repeating himself.
    TRUMP: No, I’m not—no, no, no, no. No, no, no. I don’t repeat myself. I don’t repeat myself.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.