Trump's tweets are an effort to publicly discredit Jeff Sessions

Source: Washington Examiner | July 25, 2017 | Emily Jashinsky

President Trump’s fresh round of attacks against Attorney General Jeff Sessions constitute a new effort to discredit the former Alabama senator.

Just last week the president said Sessions’ “should have never recused himself” from the Russia investigation, telling the New York Times, “if he was going to recuse himself, he should have told me before he took the job, and I would have picked somebody else.”

By Tuesday morning, Trump had tweeted, “Attorney General Jeff Sessions has taken a VERY weak position on Hillary Clinton crimes (where are E-mails & DNC server) & Intel leakers!”

“Problem is that the acting head of the FBI & the person in charge of the Hillary investigation, Andrew McCabe, got $700,000 from H for wife!” the president continued. Trump also questioned why Sessions has not opened an investigation into reports that Ukraine sought to undermine his campaign for president while allegedly working to boost Hillary Clinton’s bid together with the DNC.

Meanwhile, the Washington Post reported Tuesday that Trump is allegedly wondering how firing Sessions “would play in the conservative media.”

Conscious of his base’s respect for Sessions, Trump’s tweets suggest he’s strategizing to discredit the attorney general. By planting these seeds in the public consciousness, Trump appears to be warming supporters up to the potential firing by incrementally dissolving their loyalty to a man he hired and praised repeatedly.

…..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #17662

ConservativeGranny #17664

I don’t think anyone here is surprised by this. He wants to get rid of Mueller and he has to get rid of Sessions and then Rosenstein. He is scared to death of something. It’s obvious and I don’t know how he thinks he is going to politically survive this. He is so predictable.

Don’t feel sorry for Sessions though. He asked for this by hitching his wagon to Trump. Can’t say he wasn’t warned. I have always believed it was Sessions that was feeding Trump conservative talking points. Trump knew just what to say to get some people to think he was conservative as well.

Trump is out of control and acting like a dictator.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.