Trump’s Virtual Lynch Mob

Source: National Review | April 12, 2016 | Ian Tuttle

Call it a high-tech lynching.

In the wake of Donald Trump’s being shut out in Colorado — final delegate count: Ted Cruz, 34; Trump, 0 — his fans have formed virtual mobs, and on Sunday a particularly passionate Twitter user tweeted out the home address and phone number of Steve House, chairman of the Colorado GOP.

….

The unsavory Trump fans in question appear to be multiplying: Something similar is already afoot in Indiana, which hasn’t even voted yet. Kyle Babcock, an at-large delegate selected at one of this weekend’s nine congressional-district conventions, made the mistake of explaining to the Indianapolis Star that he would not back Trump, because he believes Cruz stands a better chance against Hillary Clinton in November. For his trouble, Babcock received e-mails such as this one: “Wrong side Kyle. Hope the families [sic] well. Your name and info was sent to me on a list that is going public. Think before you take a step down the wrong path, the American people want to have faith in your [sic] but it looks like a future in hiding is more appealing.” The same person sent a similar note to Thomas John, chairman of the Republican party in Indiana’s seventh congressional district.

There is no indication that the Trump campaign was involved in these threats, but make no mistake: This effort started at the top. After floundering in the Centennial State, Trump took to Twitter to peddle his usual conspiracy theories: “The people of Colorado had their vote taken away from them by the phony politicians. . . . This will not be allowed!” With the help of sympathetic media outlets — the Drudge Report suggested that Iraqi elections were more fair than Colorado’s delegate-selection process) — his false allegations gained traction.

….

There’s been a lot of talk of late about the need for a renewed populism to balance the power of our political “establishment.” But Trump isn’t the candidate of “the people”; he’s the candidate of the mob. He’s the candidate of kneejerk anger, of groupthink, of storming the Bastille with pitchforks. He’s the candidate of self-congratulatory cyber-thugs such as “@Thomas1774Paine,” whose great service to the republic is encouraging the intimidation of public officials.

….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #4337

kleindropper #4338

I have been calmly explaining to Trumpsters on Trumpbart the rules that Colorado had and why they had them. They don’t get it.

EVERYDAY #4342

I have been calmly explaining to Trumpsters on Trumpbart the rules that Colorado had and why they had them. They don’t get it.

They aren’t supposed to get it. Like the Trumpbots on Twitter and Ted Cruz”s Facebook page, they are paid to regurgitate whatevet talking points Trump or his campaign have prepared for them. They aren’t supposed to think.

rodamala #4344

They aren’t supposed to get it. Like the Trumpbots on Twitter, and Ted Cruz”s Facebook page, and FR, they are paid to regurgitate whatevet talking points Trump or his campaign have prepared for them. They aren’t supposed to think.

Fixed it.

EVERYDAY #4345

Thank you. Guess I’m being weaned from FR. Forgot all about that sorry collection of idiots.

(Apologies to the few real conservatives who still fight the good fight there)

slhancock1948 #4361

This is going to turn into a “hot” summer. Let’s keep up the prayers that God takes Trump out in some way…I don’t care how, but that He does.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.