Walmart is Giving Cosmo the Boot From Its Checkout Lines, and Good Riddance

Source: RedState | March 28, 2018 | Brandon Morse

There are a lot of magazines stores could prominently display in their checkout aisle. Some mainstays are home and garden magazines, coloring books, fashion and/or celebrity magazines.

However, one we consistently see is Cosmopolitan. This is a magazine famous for making women feel like something below dog excrement while plastering the word “SEX” in bold, large letters on its cover so that your eye is instantly drawn to it. Almost every store that sells it has an issue prominently displayed where you can grab it, flip through, and throw it on the conveyor as an impulse buy at the checkout line.

But not at Walmart. Not anymore.

……..

There is confusion as to whether or not this was in fact done in response to the #MeToo movement, or if it was Walmart using that as an excuse to take Cosmo down without too much backlash in order to make the store more family oriented. Walmart issued a statement saying this was purely a business decision, but that complaints from customers had been heard.

Make of it what you will, but the bottom line is that one of the most radical feminist magazines has lost prime placement. While Walmart might hardly feel a bump from the loss of Cosmo’s ability to make women impulse buy it, Cosmo will take a huge hit from losing its place in the magazine rack of one of the most frequented stores in America.

…….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #22671

EVERYDAY #22674

I remember when Cosmo went into the women’s lib, all sex, all the time movement back in the 1970s. At the time, it was “cutting edge.” Now, I don’t think too many people really care. Maybe radical feminists. I for one wouldn’t miss the magazine if it went under.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.