White House: 'The president did nothing wrong'

Source: The Hill | August 22, 2018 | Jordan Fabian and Brett Samuels

The White House on Wednesday said President Trump “did nothing wrong” in his dealings with Michael Cohen, pushing back on his onetime lawyer’s claim that Trump conspired with him to violate campaign-finance law.

“He did nothing wrong. There are no charges against him,” White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders told reporters.

She repeated the refrain multiple times when asked about Cohen, who implied that Trump directed him to arrange hush-money payments to women who say they slept with the president in order to help his 2016 campaign. Cohen acknowledged the payments while pleading guilty to bank fraud, tax fraud and campaign-finance violations in a Manhattan courthouse.

“I have addressed this a number of times. Just because you continue to ask the same questions over and over, I’m not going to give you a different answer,” Sanders said, referring questions to Trump’s outside legal counsel.

“The president has done nothing wrong, there are no charges against him, there is no collusion,” she added. “That’s what I can tell you about this.”

Trump claimed on Wednesday that the hush-money payments did not break the law, and denied he had knowledge of them at the time they were made.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.