Why McConnell Should Apologize to the American People

Source: Conservative Review | 17 March, 2016 | D. C. McAllister

The Establishment just won’t learn. Senate Republicans say they won’t support Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) unless he apologizes to Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) for calling him a liar on the Senate floor (watch the floor speech: here). 

Republican leaders say if Cruz wants the party’s support, he must return to Capitol Hill and make the case to his colleagues to help ease the tensions. According to CNN, the message was delivered to Cruz by McConnell’s chief deputy, Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX), who spoke with Cruz over the phone after he won the Texas primary. “I actually made that suggestion to him when I talked to him last,” Cornyn said when asked if he thought Cruz should apologize for his McConnell remarks. (CNN reports that, “a spokesman later said that Cornyn did not seek an apology but urged Cruz to speak directly to the Senate GOP Conference.”) Sen. John Thune (R-SD) indicated that Cruz needs to humble himself if he wants establishment support. “I think he’s got some bridges to build here. I think it would be helpful obviously for him — if he thinks he is going to be the guy or wants to be the guy — to come back here to mend some of those fences that he tore down when he was here.” Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT) piled on, saying Cruz’s actions on the Senate floor weren’t “proper.” “I raised hell about it,” Hatch said. “I’m a great believer of repentance and changing, and I think there’s a gradual change there that I’m noticing, which is good. . . . It’s always helpful when you admit you’re wrong.” Hatch is right. It is always helpful when you admit you’re wrong—but who’s wrong here? Maybe Hatch and the rest of the Senate Republicans need a reminder. Last summer, McConnell set up amendment votes on an important transportation bill, and then after the senators voted to consider the bill, Majority Leader McConnell moved to set up votes on two other measures: repeal of Obamacare and a reauthorization of the Export-Import Bank of the United States—both controversial. In doing this, he made it very difficult for the other amendments to be considered. – See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/03/why-mitch-mcconnell-should-apologize-to-the-american-people#sthash.83oPGC3Q.dpuf

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Discussion
  • slhancock1948 #2758

One of the commenters at CR stated that McConnell, Hatch and the rest should apologize to the American people with their resignations. Amen to that!

They want Cruz to humble himself? If I could reach out and slap them I’d be happy to smack their faces so hard they’d have bruises. Their attitude is intolerable! I hope that MANY people see this and remember exactly why Cruz started his campaign…to turn the country back over to the hands of the people. This is our last chance!

Ted Cruz has more principle in his pinkie finger than the combination of the rest of these dorks have altogether!

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.