Greg Abbott Endorses Ted Cruz for President

Source: Texas Tribune | February 24, 2016 | Patrick Svitek

Gov. Greg Abbott has endorsed Ted Cruz for president, giving the U.S. senator more home-state support with just under a week until its primary. 

Abbott made his endorsement in a video that was released Wednesday morning.

….

Abbott, the former attorney general, is a mentor of sorts to Cruz, who served as solicitor general under Abbott from 2003 to 2008. On the campaign trail, Cruz regularly recalls the nine trips he took the U.S. Supreme Court as Texas’ top lawyer. He also cites the wisdom Abbott imparted as an attorney general determined to put his office on the front lines of conservative battles.

<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/R9HZQ2-bFw8″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe>

….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #1539

plewis #1542

Fantastic!!!

slhancock1948 #1549

YES! Praise GOD! I pray that Cruz wins TX with an overwhelming victory! I also pray that Trump will finish 3rd or 4th, if even in the race by then, because I am earnestly praying that God takes Trump out of the race in some way! Maybe his fraudulent victories since NH and onward will be vetted by the RNC/GOP and he will be asked to stand down, or…whatever way God desires to do it.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Victoria #1551

It is past time for Abbott to do this. I am from Texas and Abbott should have done this some time ago – it is late for him to wait this long. I hope it helps Cruz because he is only 8 points above Trump in Texas according to a new poll today.

Texas used to have a winner take all primary day but the Party changed the date and moved Texas up earlier several years ago and that makes the delegates proportional by district instead of winner take all.

EVERYDAY #1552

The Trumpbots, as usual, are trashing Governor Abbott for his endorsement. One of them told me that most Texans “can’t stand that evil, religion-afflicted governor.” So I asked the idiot if he polled every citizen in Texas to back up his claim. His response was that the voices of religious people don’t count.

If this guy represents Trumpbots as a whole, I have to say it frightens me as a Christian. It certainly bolsters the theory that Trump is a liberal/commie plant. The commie left has been persecuting people of faith for some time now and I question what Trump would do to believers if he became president if his supporters represent him. The evil of a Trump administration may be ten times that of the present administration.

I fear we true conservatives will be in serious trouble if this madman becomes president. I pray that God will deliver us from the evil to come.

rodamala #1553

The Trumpbots, as usual, are trashing Governor Abbott for his endorsement. One of them told me that most Texans “can’t stand that evil, religion-afflicted governor.” So I asked the idiot if he polled every citizen in Texas to back up his claim. His response was that the voices of religious people don’t count.

I can just picture the FR post… “Abbott doesn’t count because he is a crippled LOSER in a wheelchair”… and the post is immediately followed by one from the Head-Trumpanzee-In-Charge saying, “Go, Trump, GO!”

EVERYDAY #1554

Rodamala, this encounter wasn’t on FR, but on Facebook. The Trumpbots have infected every aspect of social media with their lies, distortions and just plain nastiness. Believe it or not, the Trump supporters on FR have a smidgen more class than the truly rotten ones on social media.

By the way, it looks like my encounter with the Trumpbot has been deleted. Not sure whether he deleted it, or Facebook did. I suspect my account has been reported since a subsequent post required me to undergo a security check before my post appeared. Facebook overlooks the nastiness of these leftists and pretend conservatives, but my account has been banned 3 times just because someone reported it.

Consistent #1556

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.