David Duke: Voting against Trump is 'treason to your heritage'

Source: Politico | February 25, 2016 | Eliza Collins

David Duke, a white nationalist and former Klu Klux Klan grand wizard, told his audience Wednesday that voting for anyone besides Donald Trump “is really treason to your heritage.”

“Voting for these people, voting against Donald Trump at this point, is really treason to your heritage,” Duke said on the David Duke Radio Program. BuzzFeed News first reported the comments.

….

“And I am telling you that it is your job now to get active. Get off your duff. Get off your rear end that’s getting fatter and fatter for many of you everyday on your chairs. When this show’s over, go out, call the Republican Party, but call Donald Trump’s headquarters, volunteer,” he said. “They’re screaming for volunteers. Go in there, you’re gonna meet people who are going to have the same kind of mind-set that you have.”

….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #1631

Consistent #1632

EVERYDAY #1635

Years ago, David Duke was running for President, and I thought, this guy is so right…about welfare, affirmative action and a number of other things. Then I found out that Duke is a white supremacist and ex-KKK member. Boy, was I dumb! Needless to say, I no longer suppprted Duke.

If nothing else, Duke taught me to scrurinize the candidates beyond their slogans and promises. I guess Duke is an appropriate supporter of Trump. Both emit a lot of hot air that conceals who they really are and what they stand for.

Consistent #1708

EVERYDAY #1709

It’s not that hard to research David Duke. When he ran for president, the Internet wasn’t as developed as it is now. Today you can find stories of Duke’s hate all over the internet. Donnie just doesn’t want to look.

Victoria #1713

Silver Pines, and all, my son is a documentary film director and when in Rice Univeristy, Houston, he made a film about the KKK. He traveled with Louis Beam, the KKK Grand Dragon of Houston, and his KKK group, filming all the time. They went to Louisiana and were with David Duke and his group in a parade. White supremacy is in Duke’s blood just as it was in Louis Beam’s blood. They will never change.

I think because Trump says throw out the illegals, is why Duke thinks Trump is on their side. White people of European descent are the only acceptable people to the KKK. Grand Dragon Louis Beam thought my son was fantastic as son is blond, blue eyed, of English descent. Beam would not have allowed him to make that film had he not been of acceptable descent.

After son made that film and it was shown by PBS in Houston, a bomb was placed in our mail box at our house. The postal department came with a special truck and the bomb was removed by a special device and taken away. The postal deparment called me to try to determine why it was placed in our mail box. I told him about the film being shown and he thought the KKK put it there. I called my son and he called Louis Beam and Beam told him they thought the film was great so they wouldn’t put it there. Beam said if I wanted them to, they would surround my house to guard it. It so happened my husband was leaving that day on a business trip, and I told son I would go across town and stay with friends, which I did.

I didn’t want the KKK guarding my house as I felt they would “eliminate” anyone coming close to my house. I didn’t want a war to start. Nothing else happened and we never knew who put the bomb there.

silver pines #1716

Victoria, IMO you made a very wise decision. Having those people guard your house would have likely blown up into a mess.

It’s funny…your son was acceptable to them because of his descent and his blond hair and blue eyes. My heritage is also primarily English, but I have dark curly hair, and I would bet you money that they would decry me because of “Jewish blood”, LOL.

It’s worth noting that Trump is denying knowledge of who Duke is, and of the concept of white supremacy (!), but in 2000 he knew exactly who Duke was.

http://partners.nytimes.com/library/politics/camp/021400wh-ref-trump.html

“Mr. Trump painted a fairly dark picture of the Reform Party in his statement, noting the role of Mr. Buchanan, along with the roles of David Duke, a former leader of the Ku Klux Klan, and Lenora Fulani, the former standard-bearer of the New Alliance Party and an advocate of Marxist-Leninist politics.

“The Reform Party now includes a Klansman, Mr. Duke, a neo-Nazi, Mr. Buchanan, and a communist, Ms. Fulani,” he said in his statement. “This is not company I wish to keep.”

Victoria #1718

Silver pines, note Daivd Duke has blondish hair and blue eyes.

silver pines #1719

Yes, he does. I guess Trump is acceptable to Duke, whereas that greasy Hispanic, Cruz (as I’ve seen him called at FR) is not.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.