Donald Trump Is a Scam. Evangelical Voters Should Back Away (CP Editorial)

Source: Christian Post | February 29, 2016 | CP Editorial

Editors’ Note: The Christian Post has not taken a position on a political candidate before today. We are making an exception because Trump is exceptionally bad and claims to speak for and represent the interests of evangelicals.

We the senior editors of The Christian Post encourage our readers to back away from Donald Trump.

As the most popular evangelical news website in the United States and the world, we feel compelled by our moral responsibility to our readers to make clear that Donald Trump does not represent the interests of evangelicals and would be a dangerous leader for our country.

Trump claims to be a Christian, yet says he has never asked for forgiveness.

While God, in His wondrous creativity, has drawn people to Himself through the saving grace of Jesus Christ in many different ways, there are certain non-negotiable actions needed to become a Christian: One must repent of their sins and follow Christ as Lord and Savior. Trump doesn’t talk this way, even when urged to.

Further, his words and actions do not demonstrate the “fruit of the spirit.”

….

Trump said he wants to make it easier to sue newspapers that criticize him. When it was pointed out to him Sunday that he would have to amend the Constitution’s freedom of speech and freedom of press clauses, Trump was unmoved, simply noting that England has weaker protections for the press.

…..

This is a critical time in American history and we call on all Christians to pray for personal repentance, divine forgiveness and spiritual awakening for our nation. It is not the time for Donald Trump.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #1814

Victoria #1854

I recall what he said about taking communion in his church. It went something like this: “I eat the little cracker and sip the little wine and I feel better.” When one takes communion, it is the body and blood of Christ, not the little cracker and the little wine. I was disgusted when I heard him express communion like he did.

I am glad some church group has spoken out about his “religion”.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.