Ted Cruz raised nearly $12 million in February — his biggest month yet

Source: Politico | March 2, 2016 | Shane Goldmacher

Sen. Ted Cruz raised nearly $12 million in February — by far his biggest monthly haul of the campaign — padding what was already the largest war chest in the Republican field.

Cruz campaign manager Jeff Roe tweeted the fundraising details on Wednesday, announcing the that the campaign had received 225,000 donations with an average of $52 per contribution in the month.

Cruz began February with $13.6 million in the bank — roughly $8.5 million more than Marco Rubio had. Rubio’s team has indicated that his fundraising has ticked up following Jeb Bush’s withdrawal from the race after South Carolina, but they have not released their February numbers, which are not due to be disclosed until March 20.

….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #1963

Consistent #1964

ConservativeGranny #1971

It doesn’t make sense does it? Obviously if the average donation is around $52 this is not from large corporate donors. These are donations from average Americans. If he is hauling in this kind of money why is this not reflected in poll numbers and primary results? People do not donate money to a candidate from their budget and then neglect to go vote for them. I’m perplexed.

rodamala #1985

It doesn’t make sense does it? Obviously if the average donation is around $52 this is not from large corporate donors. These are donations from average Americans. If he is hauling in this kind of money why is this not reflected in poll numbers and primary results? People do not donate money to a candidate from their budget and then neglect to go vote for them. I’m perplexed.

March 3, 2015 there was $4,100 left on the 1Q Freepathon, with 2032 total donations. A year later, it presently stands at $6000 to go, with 2225 donations.

Just in the top four states this quarter; California, Texas, Florida, and Washington State, FR 1Q16 receipts are down $2,056.00, $1,005.33, $1,625.00, and $1,839.00 respectively, from last year at this time.

Undoubtedly, those funds were channeled to the Cruz campaign, by the zotted.

I haven’t checked where all the additional funds are coming from, but current 5th place holder, New York, is up from 16th place last year, and up in the number of donations… 92 donations this year, compared to 66 last year at this time, for an extra $1,589.00 over last year’s 1Q FReepathon.

I wonder if Jim framed a copy of any of those checks with Drumpf’s autograph on it for his office wall?

EVERYDAY #1988

“Undoubtedly, those funds were channeled to the Cruz campaign, by the zotted.”

/////

I wasn’t zotted, but the Cruz campaign is now the beneficiary of any extra money I have. FR can make up the shortfall from the Trumpbots who remain.

I’m willing to bet that for all the bombast by these Trumpbots, many of them probably never contribute a dime to FR.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.