Donald Trump's Narcissistic Personality Disorder

Source: Trevor Loudon's New Zeal Blog | 9 March, 2016 | Theresa Monroe Hamilton

We may believe we know celebrities from the familiarity of their video appearances. But the persona we may get used to seeing is not necessarily the real, nor whole person. Some now see candidate Donald Trump’s public behavior and are quite concerned. Is he merely the benign if very outspoken rogue, as so often depicted by grinning pundits? A known quantity? I suggest no easy dismissal of caution after sharing observations with Sam Vaknin.

Vaknin-Narcissistic-Psychopathic-Leaders-Book-300wShmuel “Sam” Vaknin, Ph.D. is an authority on the subject of narcissism, having written the widely read and very favorably reviewed book, Malignant Self Love: Narcissism Revisited, also Narcissistic and Psychopathic Leaders. His work is cited in dozens of scholarly, peer-reviewed articles. He may be described as a polymath, with extraordinary expertise (and experience) in abnormal psychology, and with focuses including temporal physics (his Ph.D.) and politics (see his Web site and YouTube site).

Donald Trump & Narcissistic Personality Disorder: Sam Vaknin Interview, Expanded

AW: Psychiatrists are generally precluded from publicly discussing their opinions or findings concerning individuals’ mental illnesses. But Dr. Vaknin, your expertise comes by over twenty years of focused study of Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) free of such inhibition.

You have related grave concerns about one of our Republican presidential candidates. I think anyone

Donald Trump & Narcissistic Personality Disorder: Sam Vaknin Interview, Expanded

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • slhancock1948 #2336

There are SEVERAL links to others psychologists concerns about Trump in this article. Long article, but worth the read.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

ConservativeGranny #2371

Wow! Great article. It really hit the nail on the head and reinforces much of what I have noticed about Trump.

The links at the end of the article are also very interesting. Did you check out the one about recognizing 10 childish behaviors?

Thanks for the posting.

slhancock1948 #2372

Yes. I have been a school nurse for about 15 years and now I am a prison nurse. I see a lot of these behaviors…all the time! It’s no wonder our country is a mess. And to be honest, the ones who are begging for a narcissist in a leader have the same issues!

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.