Cruz Wins Iowa; Trump Makes Second Place Great Again; Rubio Surges

Source: Daily Wire | February 1, 2016 | Ben Shapiro

On Monday, Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX), the most conservative man in the Republican field and the target of attacks from Donald Trump, establishment Republicans, and the media, won a tremendous victory in the Iowa caucus. Literally every poll going into Monday had Trump up, and up significantly – in the RealClearPolitics poll average coming into Monday, Trump led by 4.7 points, clocking in at 28.6 percent; Cruz averaged 23.9 percent; and Marco Rubio averaged 16.9 percent.

As of 7:15 p.m. PT, Cruz had outperformed the polls by about four percent; Rubio had outperformed by over six percent; Trump had underperformed by four percent. The media treated the entire evening as an exercise in Rubio Comeback Narrative™, but the real winner of the evening was obviously Cruz, the man dismissed by pollsters, mocked by the press, dismissed by the establishment elites, slandered by fans of Trump. Cruz smacked down the Donald, whose entire narrative was that he “wins,” by doing the hard, on-the-ground work required to actually achieve victory. And what’s more, he won the Iowa caucuses while fundamentally rejecting the boondoggle crony capitalist policy nearest and dearest to many Iowans: ethanol.

That’s a massive story, no matter how you slice it. And it’s a far bigger story than Rubio’s rise, given the fact that Rubio finished third, took no serious heat from Trump or the media other than one very rough question from Megyn Kelly in the last debate, and now has to compete with a bevy of other establishment-lane favorites in New Hampshire.

….

So, here’s where we stand: Cruz has shown he can both take a punch and throw one. Rubio has been able to ride media favor to a better-than-expected finish. And Trump is clearly less formidable with voters than with pollsters.

But here’s the big point of the night: Donald Trump can be beaten. In fact, here’s some live footage of the Cruz campaign informing Trump of the results:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #253

Trump wrestling

Scarlett_Says #256

I just got home from my son’s Pinewood Derby (he came in 6th). I am frantically trying to get work done now.

FReeper formerly known as Brothers4thID

Scarlett_Says #257

Think about this. Cruz stood up to big ethanol AND WON. He got the most votes EVER in a Republican caucus.

This really is YUGE

Consistent #258

What is Trump going to do to save his face?

Who is he going to blame? Stupid Iowans?

Scarlett_Says #259

He basically said that Iowa doesn’t matter and they are going to go on and win in New Hampshire. I was hoping for a “Dean Scream” but no such luck.

slhancock1948 #260

I am so pleased that Cruz won. I pray that it gives him a big surge, even in NH, although it is not a conservative state, maybe the win in IA will give him some help there. I think it will surely help in the south, and hopefully he’ll do well in SC. I pray that people are finally waking up to Trump’s character. Not particularly nice these days, which says a lot.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Scarlett_Says #263

GPH has linked a story from Forbes that Cruz supporters told folks that Carson was dropping out.

Me thinks Carson camp should take it’s anger out on FOX news who sent me an election alert that Carson was suspending campaign activities.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.