Complaints about the Old Place

Source: | |

If you have anything to say about the old place you left behind, let it out below in this topic (thread).

Plenty of fresh air here!

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #192

Let’s get it out of the way.

slhancock1948 #262

To be honest, FR was losing their conservative flavor over time, and some of the language used there was getting to me. I work in a prison where it is nothing but gutter language. I don’t want to come home and read a site that was once the gem of conservatism, but had fallen into disarray and coarseness. Not only that, it’s been some time, even before Trump announced that you could not have a civil discourse on some subjects. I know any site changes after a while, but FR was definitely becoming less conservative over time. At one time, you could call for a week of prayer before an election and numerous people would join in. Lately, you only got derision, or no response at all.

Nice to have a “home” place that still respects our values. So glad to find this. I’ll be inviting other like-minded friends as well.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Scarlett_Says #264

I am STILL trying to figure out how to cancel my monthly donation–or if they’ve even been taking my monthly donation.

FReeper formerly known as Brothers4thID

Scarlett_Says #271

The posts by BFAC tonight have been hilarious. She’s convinced that voter fraud has occurred and that’s the only explanation for the Cruz and Rubio numbers.

Victoria #289

“I am STILL trying to figure out how to cancel my monthly donation–or if they’ve even been taking my monthly donation.”

If you are using PayPal to send money to FR, go to your PayPal on line, and you can stop the payments. If they are charging one of your credit cards, the fastest way to get rid of that is to send Jim a message to stop the payments, or go to your credit card on line and stop it there. Mine was PayPal and easy to stop.

Victoria #290

Brothers, you said: “The posts by BFAC tonight have been hilarious. She’s convinced that voter fraud has occurred and that’s the only explanation for the Cruz and Rubio numbers.”

I taught election law for ten years, and know how elections work. When FR people would say voter fraud due to “x”, and I knew they were wrong, I would explain how the process works to prevent voter fraud. Since I stopped posting on FR political threads, I have already seen people getting the election process wrong and that won’t be corrected now.

Victoria #291

slhancock1948, you said: ” To be honest, FR was losing their conservative flavor over time, and some of the language used there was getting to me. I work in a prison where it is nothing but gutter language. I don’t want to come home and read a site that was once the gem of conservatism, but had fallen into disarray and coarseness.”

I was an associate psychologist/ professional counselor/psychological examiner for 20 years, and some of my patients were career criminals, so there is no gutter language I haven’t heard. You are hearing it every day, all day, so I know that is hard for you.

Since Trump became a candidate, the gutter language is not removed on that website and even the owner uses it now. That place has really changed since last July. I have been there for 16 years and have friends there and they are not happy with the changes, either, but some of those I thought were friends, have turned into Trump destroyers, and no longer consider me as a friend because I am a Cruz supporter.

I am glad to see this website where gutter language won’t be permitted.

Scarlett_Says #292

GPH, BFAC, RitaOK are all spamming every thread they can find with this silly “Carson was robbed” story.

The tears are delicious!

Scarlett_Says #293

This is the kind of crap tolerate at FR now days.

Carson claiming Cruz foul play – saying Cruz team told voters Carson was dropping out
    2/1/2016, 9:34:22 PM · 24 of 118
    gg188 to mkjessup
    I don’t think FR should tolerate or accommodate serial lying and dirty tricks from any candidate. It besmirches the good people here.

Now you really wonder about the Cruzers here who say the craziest things—who’s paying them? Goldman Sachs?

They tell lies here about the candidates eerily similar tactically to the latest Ted Cruz dirty trick lie. The Cruzers know the lies will fool some people, just as Ted knew that if just some Carson supporters could be fooled for just a short amount of time, it would be good for Cruz. The Glenn Beck post, the mailer—Cruz has shown, as the Cruzers on FR have shown, that there is no limit to how low they will go.

Time to do to the Cruzers what was done to the Romneyites four years ago: ban. Cruzers started their own forum anyway, from which to encourage people to stop donating to FR and making fun of wounded warriors and amputees. So there’s a sewer they can go to and be at home in.

Ban Cruzers. Make FR Great Again.
    Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies

ConservativeGranny #298

I don’t recall any post here making fun of amputees and wounded warriors or did I miss something?

The longer I am away from FR the more I realize just how bad things had really gotten over there. I’m really enjoying it over here. Job well done:)

FinFlyer #300

With all deepest respect for Jim Robinson, truly, a place that only allows expression of conservative opinion that agrees with that of Jim Robinson is of little interest to me. What made (and could make again) FR so compelling is that I could go there and not only find people who agreed with me, but people who didn’t.

I could find a full spectrum of conservative opinion. That was the value of FR.

God bless it and thanks for an excellent and enriching near 14 years.

Victoria #304

“I don’t recall any post here making fun of amputees and wounded warriors or did I miss something?”

I think someone from there took what I said in a post and changed it to be making fun of Jim. Someone on word press said something like, did Jim actually need the money or was he just raking it in because he could get it. I responded to say Jim is an amputee and the money pays for the site plus he and his son (who keeps the site working), need it for their families to live. Jim has put an accounting of the money, a budget, on there before for everyone to see.

I don’t recall the actual post that person made on FR, but maybe he/she just added the name wounded warriors to their amputee rant. I would never make fun of Jim so that person who posted that was totally hateful if it was my post he/she twisted.

slhancock1948 #354

There is no low that is too low for them over there. So glad to be here, instead. I had only told JR that I was leaving for a while, but I think I will email to say I’m gone for good.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.