Ted Cruz Can Beat Trump

Source: International Business Times | March 18, 2016 | Maggie Gallagher

….

If Cruz can win Arizona and Utah before moving on to victory in Wisconsin — another winner-take-all state where voters like politicians who play nice — he’ll pick up 140 delegates, bringing Trump’s lead under 100, 673 to 558. Yes, Trump will then win the lion’s share of New York’s delegates, making the winner-take-all primaries in Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Delaware a pivotal factor in who emerges with a plurality of delegates at the convention. And then, of course, there is California, the biggest haul on the map, and the last state to vote. Recent polls show that Trump has yet to seal the deal there. (One survey has him at 38 percent, up 16 points on Cruz; another has him at 25 percent, up just five points.)

Head-to-head, Cruz believes he can win a plurality of delegates and take away Trump’s claim to the nomination. Exit polls in Michigan and Missouri suggest he is right. But Cruz needs to do more to bring voters to his side than presenting himself as the race’s anti-Trump. He needs a message focused on what his election will do for America, not conservatives: trusted to create jobs, trusted to restrain government, trusted to tame the Federal Reserve that is ruining your family’s paycheck and opportunities.

One question still remains, though: If beating Trump fair and square is an imperative, what is Kasich doing in this race?

….

Is there a secret alliance of some strange kind between Trump and Kasich? How else to explain Kasich pulling out of the Utah GOP debate immediately after the front-runner did? You would think Kasich would want the free media time. But by causing the debate to be cancelled, he saved Trump the embarrassment of being a no-show, not to mention looking scared to face Cruz.

It’s not the only odd mystery surrounding Ohio’s governor. There’s also the question of why George Soros and friends are funding his campaign to the tune of $700,000? Could Soros have any reason for such generous gifts other than helping the GOP nominate the only candidate in the race whose unfavorables are even higher than Hillary Clinton’s?

….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #2808
    silver pines #2819

It’s Cruz or lose for me!

#NeverTrump

ConservativeGranny #2827

Kasich is definitely a spoiler and has an agenda but I think he didn’t want to debate Cruz all alone either.

There is no logical reason, at least to me, why he would still be in the race unless it is to prevent Cruz from winning or to help Trump.

silver pines #2873

Kasich is definitely a spoiler and has an agenda but I think he didn’t want to debate Cruz all alone either.

There is no logical reason, at least to me, why he would still be in the race unless it is to prevent Cruz from winning or to help Trump.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Trump paid him off.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.