Convert or Die: Living in the Age of Trump

Source: The Resurgent | March 19, 2016 | Erick Erickson

Last night, as my family went to bed, a man in a car parked just down our driveway. He and his coworker roaming the neighborhood are the security now part of my life. It is the age of Trump.

In 2011 and 2012, I actively campaigned against Mitt Romney. In November of 2011, I had written that Romney would lose to Obama and conservatives would get blamed. That happened. He was a terrible candidate. But Romney supporters, despite vigorous disagreement, were not hurling threats my way or toward my family. They were not calling advertisers to my radio station making threats.

In fact, the only time I have ever experienced what is now happening is from far left activists outraged over my position on gay marriage. Those radical gay rights activists have appeared once or twice in my neighborhood. They have hounded advertisers and made threats. I’ve even once been swatted.

But even these radical activists were not as aggrieved or angry as Trump supporters. The new reality in which my family and I live is that of going to bed at night with security parked at the end of the driveway and our movements more regulated for our own protection.

In the Age of Trump, the worst and basest instincts of humanity are on display. Like the Islamic radicals they rail against, Trump supporters have adopted a “convert or die” attitude. They will not persuade you to the merits of Trump. They will not defend Trump. They will harass you, censor you, wish for your death, and threaten to kill you if you do not convert.

Donald U Akbar.

……

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #2910

slhancock1948 #2913

We did not bother putting up Cruz signs in our yard. The neighbors had Trump signs and felt it better to just let it be.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

EVERYDAY #2914

I wonder if Erickson has been to FR. He would see some good examples of “Convert or Die.”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.