No, I Will Not Vote For Donald J. Trump in a General Election

Source: Townhall | March 26, 2016 | John Hawkins

….

I cannot say the same about Donald J. Trump.

He’s not a good man, a Christian or a conservative and he doesn’t care about the Constitution, the country or as far I can tell, anything other than making money and hearing his name repeated as often as possible. If Matthew 7:16 is right and, “By their fruit you will recognize them,” what fruits has Donald J. Trump borne into the conservative movement? He’s managed to turn longtime allies against each other, good people are approving of despicable behavior they would have unhesitatingly condemned a year ago and the way he behaves is so childish and disgusting that 35 percent of Republicans and Republican leaning independents want a third party if he’s the nominee. Many Donald J. Trump fans assume these people who detest him so much are “establishment” Republicans. While it’s true that many members of the GOP establishment dislike Donald J. Trump (And others, like Chris Christie, Rick Scott and Scott Brown have endorsed him), the majority of people who oppose him are grassroots conservatives. Donald J. Trump may have more backers than anyone else in a divided field, but so far roughly two-thirds of Republicans have picked someone other than him as their candidate.

I don’t insult people for supporting or endorsing Donald J. Trump, I haven’t called for any blacklists, I’m not calling for the nomination to be taken from him at the convention and I’m not encouraging anyone to start a third party. In fact, I know there are many good conservatives who support Donald J. Trump. Unfortunately, when a third of the Republican Party rallies behind an unelectable, unstable, misogynistic, authoritarian conman who says any stupid thing that comes into his head, there is no escape for the rest of us from the ramifications of that decision. Maybe there could have been, if another third of the party didn’t just as stubbornly refuse to unite around Ted Cruz, the only candidate who could have gotten more delegates than Donald J. Trump, but it is what it is.

Barring a miracle – and I doubt if God is helping out a phony Christian who says he’s never asked for forgiveness – Donald J. Trump is going to lose the general election. I could give you a detailed explanation of why that’s going to happen, but if you’ve taken the time to look at any election data at all, you already know Donald J. Trump is highly likely to be defeated. If you believe he’s going to win despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary, it’s certainly not logic or poll numbers that are convincing you of it.

….

At the end of the day, if the goal is to say “screw you” not just to the establishment, but to millions of grassroots conservatives and committed Christians, then it’s almost “mission accomplished” time. However, if the goal is to beat Hillary Clinton, Donald J. Trump is not someone who can make that happen. To do that, the Republican Party would need to unify and that’s not possible with human poison like Donald J. Trump as the nominee. If, as expected, Donald J. Trump becomes the GOP’s candidate, the Republican Party will splinter, the GOP will be decimated down ticket, and millions will leave the Republican Party, at least until its infatuation with Hugo Chavez Jr has run its course. If Donald J. Trump is the cure, the Republican Party would be better off with the disease.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #3272

If, …, Donald J. Trump becomes the GOP’s candidate, the Republican Party will splinter, the GOP will be decimated down ticket, and millions will leave the Republican Party…

slhancock1948 #3277

Yes, DT is really dividing the conservative base, not uniting the party. I think he knows that, too, which is what makes it even more aggravating.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.