rodamala #3713

PA is a closed primary… but news reports are stating (fact or fiction? YOU DECIDE!) that voting registrars have processed over 100,000 party affiliation changes across the state.

Having just registering to vote for the first time in PA last Monday (voter registration card showed up in the mail on Friday), I can state that the voter registration application in this commonwealth is an absolute JOKE.

They accept the form online, and on that form they request a PA driver licence or PA-DOT identification number… but if you don’t have one, THAT’S OK! Just give us the last 4 digits of your SSN.

At the polls, all you have to do is show a utility bill with your name and address on it.

I registered in person, and even though I have been a PA law breaker in keeping my NJ Driver License active for the 5 years since I had moved here (works to my advantage to keep my diesel vehicles registered in NJ because NJ no longer requires State Inspection of diesel vehicles older than a certain year).

Anyways, the registrar did look briefly at my NJ DL, just for the photo ID to confirm my picture… but online that verification wouldn’t happen, and Paco Gonzalez, with his stolen SSN, would be registered to vote too.